Re: Kansas denied ALL armored vehilce registraions, its time to do something now

From: Terry & Carolyn Welshans (welshans2@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Jan 21 2006 - 16:32:27 PST

Take a closer look at what the policy really says:

NOW THEREFORE pursuant to K.S.A. 8-127(a), and the authority vested in me as
the Director of Vehicles, I declare it shall be the policy of the Division
of Vehicles not to permit privately owned surplus armored military combat
vehicles application for registration. Any operation of privately owned
surplus military combat vehicles on public roads shall be in accordance with
the provisions of K.S.A. 8-2002(a)(3) and under the regulation of local
authorities permitting or prohibiting processions or assemblages on the
highways.

It says you CAN'T REGISTER them, but you CAN DRIVE them, as long as it is in
accordance with K.S.A 8-2000(a)(3) and under the regulation of local
authorities.

Think of your vehicle as a parade float or farm tractor.

All you need is a parade permit from the local authorities and you are good
to go.

Regards,

Terry Welshans
Homer Glen, Illinois

"Always do right- this will gratify some and astonish the rest. "
Mark Twain (1835-1910)