Re: m35 questions help needed

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Sun Jan 22 2006 - 08:44:33 PST

In Indiana and most states that base plates on truck Gross Vehicle
Weight - not weight rating, you have some options.

If you are not going to be carrying any load, or you think it is highly
unlikely that you will be weighed with a load on it, then there is
nothing that will prevent you from getting say - 14,000 lbs plates for
your truck versus 22,000. That can save you some cash.

I don't think this needs to trigger any type of CDL discussion since you
say nothing about commercial use and you are way below 26,000 lbs.
Although New York does start talking about commercial plates at the
18,000 lb mark. (High tax state??)

Dave