Re: Optima batteries

From: Sarge (micdunn@ev1.net)
Date: Mon Jan 23 2006 - 07:12:19 PST

Craig, I got a lot of e-mails about the Optima batteries. Most of them were
posted on the MV list but a couple of very good ones were sent to my
personal e-mail address. The best one so far came from Wayne Harris. He sent
me this web site
http://www.milbatteries.com/optima/applications.html
showing optima's in high CCA military applications. If you click on the link
"6TL Adapter Tray" or here you get an interesting page which shows how to
put Optima's in a 6TL application. It also specifies which Optima models to
use. In one sentence it says to use the Optima's in "non-tactical vehicles"
but, later it specifies how critical it is to have enough reserve capacity
in tactical vehicles. I'm confused. Are they currently being used in
tactical vehicles or are they not?
So with this in mind, I just sent them an e-mail asking if that specific
application (M35A2) is suitable.
I await a reply with baited breath......
-Sarge