Hawk Battery M514 Radar Trailers For Sale or Trade

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Jan 23 2006 - 08:35:04 PST

I have laid hands on two M514, 1 Ton, Two Wheel Trailers. Both have
the electronic boxes and parts of the power and electronics for the
AN/MPQ-48 radar system. One trailer has the pedestal, actuator motors
and antenna mount electronic boxes and dish for the radar system as
well. The controlled components as well as the PPI Displays and a
number of the controls were removed from the system.

My first preference is to get the more complete trailer to a museum.
I'm maxxed out on MV projects however so it will otherwise sit and
weather more. The trailers are short a full set of complete jacks so
we'll need to cannibalize one of the trailers for the other jacks to
make them complete. That'll leave a second trailer short of the
necessary bits to make it complete even if you find a pedistal. It
would however make a very good setup for carrying radio gear around
that wouldn't mind living in a semi-encliosed environment.

The M514 Trailer is a torsion bar suspended trailer that is lower
down than the conventional M105 1.5 ton trailer. It is about the same
size and is setup with conventional air over hydraulic brakes and 24
volt electrics like most MVs. Rugged and robust. The Lunnette eye is
adjustable for two height positions and can be rotated around for a
high and low position in each of the two mounting holes.

Let me know if you need more info or pictures.

--
- Ryan Montieth Gill           www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com               ||