Re: non-Americans serving in our Armed Forces

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Jan 23 2006 - 08:46:21 PST

At 5:30 PM +0100 1/23/06, Nigel Hay MILWEB wrote:
>Her Brittanic Majesties armed forces have of course for many years used non
>British nationals in their own regiment - the Ghurkas (from Nepal)- I
>believe thay have won more Victoria Crosses than any other regiment since
>the inception of the honour. Many of these fearless warriors have settled in
>the UK and prove to be a shining example of courtesy in civilian life. Their
>exemplary "out of camp" behaviour (and inherrent inability/refusal to get
>into fights in bars) puts the average squadie to shame. Shorter than
>average, I have several times watched platoons of gurkas getting inot the
>high cargo bed of Bedford and AWD trucks and thought they must have it off
>to an art form, as the trucks were designed with taller chaps in mind.
>(...impressive turnaround of posting to include relevant military vehicle
>comment you may think!)

We have two of them working here at CNN on our security Department. Much to my chagrin, I cannot get the NCO of the two to stop calling me sir. They are both exceedingly polite and I'm trying to get them to walk in next years Veteran's Day Parade.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -