Re: "Senior Occupant" card. - a senior moment

From: Patrick Jankowiak (recycler@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Jan 24 2006 - 12:32:13 PST

Speaking of 'no license' French vehicles, Feu Vert's online "JCM" magazine
has a cool article about dune buggies.

(download it, it takes too long to try to view..)
http://www.feuvert.fr/Media/contentmedia/services/extrafeuvert/clubjeunesconducteur/jcm31_pdf/8_bugey.pdf

(Apparently the small Chinese buggy is more popular than ATV, perhaps due
to the roll cage and increased horsepower). They are catching on in France.
I wonder, where the heck would you ride the thing in France? All the land I
saw was put to use there. But in the article, there's an offroad place near
Lyon if I understand correctly. "Aussi, direction le Bugey (situé au coeur
de la plaine de l’Ain entre Lyon et Genève) pour un parcours de santé de 35
kilomètres."

I was kind of shocked however, to see the offroad/MX apparel worn in the
article, as the French are supposed to be the fashion leaders, so what's
with the plain white jump suits anyway? No AXO, Thor, or Fox? Hmm.. seems
suspicious to me.

BTW FeuVert is French equivalent of the U.S. "green light" auto stores. And
their mascot is a talking tomcat, Ramses.

http://www.feuvert.fr/

Anyway it was all fun, looks like fun. Next time I am in France, I'll have
to see if these bugys can be rented so I can get my ATV fix.

PJ