RE: Kansas denied ALL armored vehicle registrations

From: Fred Schlesinger (MTA) (fred@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Tue Jan 24 2006 - 18:15:19 PST

OOPS, I meant Lee Holland, sorry typo.

----- Fred

       MTA
       CJMMP
       MVPA
M35A2W/W and M38A1
-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Schlesinger (MTA) [mailto:fred@mtaofnj.us]
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 9:14 PM
To: 'Military Vehicles Mailing List'
Subject: [MV] Kansas denied ALL armored vehicle registrations

Gentlemen.

I personally have spoken with the MVPA leadership, specifically with both
Charles Varner and also Lee Hamilton. Based upon those conversations, I am
absolutely convinced that the MVPA is working on several fronts to try to
convince the Kansas DMV that their decision to deny registration and title
to armored vehicles, such as Dave's Ferret is wrong. If they can do this
politically, it is the best solution.

They have asked that we refrain from doing things to inflame the situation,
like writing to the Kansas DMV ourselves if we are not Kansas residents. I
think we should give them the time to try and reason with the state
officials.

Like I say, I've had things that I disagree with them about in the past, but
they appear like they are doing the right thing to me.

If anyone wants to have more information about what they are doing and what
was discussed, please feel free to call me Cell 973-650-0964 Home-
973-228-7257 Or drop me an email and I'll call you back on my cell. After
9 its free.

Fred