eBay C-47 WAS Re: MV for sale

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Wed Jan 25 2006 - 12:57:46 PST

Remember this a couple of days ago?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arthur Bloom" <m35prod@optonline.net>
Sent: 22 January, 2006 10:27
Subject: [MV] MV for sale

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VINTAGE-1942-DC-3-C-47-D-DAY-INVASION-WARBIRD_W0QQitemZ4606156512QQcategoryZ63678QQssPage#ebayphotohosting

I thouht that instead of buying the Morton building and selling everything
except an M38A1, I could buy this and get some of my friends with Air
Transport Pilot ratings to fly this puppy. Seeing that lot's of WWII
vehicles in nice shape go for $25 to 30K, this was a good deal. They'd be
more than happy to do this but one of the real savvy guys looked into the
birds record in more detail and sent me this reply.....

Ron,
    I could definitely fly it and would love to. I think based on the
history,
it's priced a bit high. I'd think 100 would be in incredible deal, 120
great, 140 good, all amounts assuming another fresh engine (to replace the
1700 hour one), all up to date inspections, and correction of the oil
line/brake problem that keeps occurring.....

"MR XXXX" (Identity concealed so he don't hunt me down and kill me)

#FAA1 Accident/Incident Occurred on: 1997-12-10
Narrative: NOTICED LEFT BRAKE INOPERATIVE DURING DESCENT.

#FAA2 Accident/Incident Occurred on: 1998-04-16
Narrative: NARRATIVE: FLIGHT CREW DECLARED EMERGENCY DUE TO LOSS OF OIL
PRESSURE ON #1 ENGINE, LANDED AT CGF WITHOUT INCIDENT. PRELIMINARY FINDING
WAS A BROKEN OIL LINE ON THE #1 ENGINE, WHICH RESULTED IN THE PRESSURE DROP
AND OIL QUANTITY LOSS. END.

#FAA3 Accident/Incident Occurred on: 1999-12-20
Narrative: (-23)AIRCRAFT DEPARTED GSO, AT 500 OR 600 FT OIL PRESSURE
DROPPED. PIC DECLARED AN EMERGENCY, RETURNED TO GSO LANDED WITHOUT
INCIDENT. MAINTENANCE FOUND MATER ROD BEARING BROKEN.

#FAA4 Accident/Incident Occurred on: 2004-03-29
Narrative: (-23) CREW WAS TAXIING AIRCRAFT BACK TO HANGAR WHEN THEIR BRAKES
FAILED. PIC SHUT ENGINES DOWN IN AN EFFORT TO SLOW THE AIRCRAFT. SIC
ATTEMPTED TO USE THE HAND PUMP, BUT HAD NO RESPONSE AFTER INITIAL EFFORTS.
PIC WAS ABLE TO TURN AIRCRAFT TO KEEP FROM RUNNING INTO MAINTENANCE HANGAR
DOORS AND HIT DEICE TRUCKS.

I guess I'd better stick to collecting non running HMVs.......

Ronzo