Re: WAS Re: Licensing of Armored Vehicles in Kansas Prohibited Now: ....... Iit festers elswhere.....

From: Convoy Magazine (convoymagazine@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 27 2006 - 16:09:34 PST

As in the Kansas armour problem... you have to get
organized with reenactors, veterans groups, HMV groups
etc in your state and begin lobbying politicians about
the significance of this measure as harming a
"heritage/historical" activity,

Mil Veh collectors, military communications types,
reenactors,
VFA posts etc who enjoy/benefit from such hobbies in
their own ceremonial events parades etc ALL have a
stake in supporting each other... when they attack HMV
owners, they also attack reenactors and vice versa etc
etc..

AS for this "law"... It is about 99% certain they had
no intention of specifically hraming your hobby. It is
also 99 % certain that "reenactors" never entered
their thoughts or the debate..

1- get organized, get going..delay is bad.. while you
cannot get the bill rescinded, you may get it amended
to allow/exempt your hobby.

2- be polite always,(!!!!) and logical in ALL
communication... think carefully about your arguments
and how they may be interpreted.. especially good to
get veterans onside.

3-Be specific in what you want (to be allowed)

(Realize that this is designed to prevent realistic
looking handguns being used in robberies etc.. also
they want to prevent police from shooting ---ahem
"unarmed" shmucks.. and all the
media/racial/political/etc sheit that might cause.)

Cheers
Monty
http://www.geocities.com/convoymagazine

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=4132&GAID=8&GA=94&DocTypeID=HB&LegID=21980&SessionID=50