Re: CAPITALS

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Sat Jan 28 2006 - 23:38:12 PST

TONY
    I DON'T WANT TO OFFEND OR HURT ALEX'S FEELINGS ANY FURTHER. THE EMAIL
ADDRESS YOU USED APPEARS TO BE ALEX'S, SINCE YOUR NAME IS TONY, SO I WON"T
REPLY TO THE ONE YOU USED.
    TRY READING THE OFFENSIVE EMAIL, FROM START TO FINISH. IT IS A VALID SET
OF INSTRUCTIONS TO SOMEONE WHO APPEARS TO BE HAVING PROBLEMS USING A
COMPUTER.
    That said, I didn't send "hey, jerk, yada yada." There is no way I would
have thought it was being posted by anyone under the age of 25. No way to
tell anyone's age via email, or their tone or intent.
    As has been pointed out by 30 or so direct posts to me, I am a rectal
orifice for putting a lesson in keyboard operation on the list. Easiest way
to avoid any future posts from me is to place me in your blocked senders
list and generate a message rule making sure one of my posts doesn't sneak
through accidentally. How to do that is up to you to figure out, since there
is no way on God's green earth I'll give any input on how to do ANYTHING
with a computer on this list again. (That make you happy ap?)
    There are over 5000 people on this list (as of last year), but maybe a
little over 200 bother to post to it. Most send back channel answers to the
questions posed to the list, leaving a vacuum filled by off topic posts
dealing with Nigerians, conflicting opinions on when does a law requiring a
CDL really require a CDL or radio controlled tanks. Six years back there
were no off topic posts because the list owner did not allow it. But he has
a real life and no interest in HMVs and has left us to our own devices. As a
result, off topic posts and questionable behavior have driven a lot of
really great HMV experts off to other forums. David Doyle is one that comes
to mind.....
    For folks who feel there is a 'group' here that they are not part of,
it's easy to get into. It's called 'Posting', be it a question or answer or
a comment, even a flame if you think it is justified. Just like some of you
did for the first time tonight. Keep it up and you'll keep folks like me
from posting and annoying the list. Maybe....NOT!
    Something that newcomers to the list may not know is that a number of
years back the list owner had a choice of pulling the plug on it or asking
members for money for equipment and software to keep it going. A number of
the 'group' kicked in some considerable amounts of money to keep this 'free'
list operating and open to ALL. That does not in any way condone the rude
behavior that I am charged with here. But then again, it IS the opinion of
several folks that have posted tonight, though I don't agree.
    Otherwise Tony, you hit the nail on the head. I haven't attended NCO
school, or LMET(?) or ever attended a business course. I'm just an ignorant,
picayune nobody with a computer and enough disposable income to buy my way
onto the internet. And living proof of my father's oft muttered question
'Why are there more horse's asses, than there are horses?'. His other oft
heard comment to me when I whined about the unfairness of it all was 'Knock
it of kid and grow a pair.' How un PC! I'll never get out of therapy and it
might explain my inability to deal with the unfair world out there to this
day. Just another bully on the block, I am.

    And for what it is worth, if a couple of more all capitals post had made
it onto the list before I posted my instructions, what some of the
'gentlemen' who lurk on the list would have sent you would make my post seem
like absolutely one hundred percent vanilla ice cream in comparison. Once
you step foot out on the internet highway, you can get run down, and often.
Nomex might help, but learning to use the 'delete' key and growing a thick
skin fast is the only thing that will save you or your sons.
    If you run from the list because of the likes of me, it will be your
loss. In both knowledge to be gained here and sparring matches and battles
of wit with a lot of well armed opponents. Like APB and Sonny ......

    Sorry I freaked you and you son out, but it's all electrons down the
cable now.

    Regards, Ronzo Mr. Ed's output end