Re: M1009 accident

From: Ed (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Jan 30 2006 - 08:17:15 PST

Yep, I have to agree with you there! Newer vehicles seem to be made to come
apart at the slightest accident. I'm with a Volunteer Fire/Rescue
department and you should see some of what we see on the freeway. Then
again maybe not. There are so many deaths from not wearing seat belts and
being "ejected from the vehicle". So many deaths from sorry crap made
plastic junk that don't hold up to any damage at all that it's pitiful. We
had one run off the road and into a tree head on at about 35 miles per hour
at impact according to our HP friends. Both the driver and passenger were
killed. Driver went through the windshield and also impacted the tree with
her face, no seatbelt of course. The passenger was crushed when the vehicle
buckled and the engine came to rest in his lap. With seat belts the driver
would have most likely made it, most of the damage was on the passengers
side. Passenger had no chance seatbelt or not!

The moral of the story is wear you seat belts when driving! Also Pray as
you go as the nuts are out there and they are just looking for another way
to go faster and try to pretend that they are Vin Diesel or some other
"star" that drives like hell! Sorta sounds like me when I was a
kid.............Wait, back then horses didn't go all that fast and I don't
remember seat belts????

Best Regards,

Ed

"Sirs, you have no reason to be ashamed of your Confederate dead; see
to it they have no reason to be ashamed of you"