Re: would any support this petition?

From: Marty Galyean (marty@heavyreckoning.com)
Date: Tue Jan 31 2006 - 14:54:15 PST

Chris Somers wrote:

> I working on getting a petition to try and make a
>change to the federal law that states that no one
>under the age of 21 is allowed to carry/ buy a pistol.
>I believe that this law is wrong, I served in Iraq, I
>was a weapons instructor in the Army, I trained
>Officers on Pistols, I was wounded defending the USA.
>I now work as a private security guard, but am unable
>to carry or instruct in the civilian world due to my
>age. I believe that the Goverment should make certain
>exceptions to this law. If you agree with me then
>please send me an email, if you don't please share
>with me why.

I think that anyone who goes to war should be considered an adult with
regards to all liberties.

But I wouldn't go so far as to say that every 18 year old should get the
same accommodation as those who have gone to war.

That said, I have a very little use with any gun law. Laws concerning
murder and assault pretty much cover and "gun" concerns I might have.
Banning objects to control behavior has not, and will never, work.

Marty