Medical News regards Ronzo- Update 2

From: Henry Fackovec (hfackovec@easternems.com)
Date: Tue Jan 31 2006 - 17:16:28 PST

Hey all:

I spent the last 5 hours with Ronzo and I can report that he is MUCH
better then he was 24 hours ago. (He is down right cranky, which is how
I know he is better).

Last night he was violent and it took 4 people to hold him down, he
tried to bite Debbie, and was generally just a fun guy to be
around.(kind of the 3 dementional version of what he is online<G>) (He
just keeps repeating that he wishes that he had a video tape of it.)

While I was there the neurologist came in (Who had the bad habits of
Oscar Wilde) and gave him the results of the MRI- He did have a stroke
during the cath procedure, there is some damage in the right side of the
brain, the section that controls abstract thought. The clot had broken
itself up and there should be no long term impairment. Ron being Ron is
denying that "He" could have had a stroke and is blaming the drs for
giving him too many drugs....(The same excuse I used for most of the
80's <G>).

He is still in the ICU, and will be evaced to a higher level hospital in
the AM for the angioplasty and/or bypass surgery. It is unclear when he
will be getting out, but he is itching to get home.

When I left he was sitting up and Debbie and his daughters had come back
from dinner.

I relayed that everyone was asking after him, and the incredible
outpouring of support and it brightened his afternoon.

I am going to meet him at the hospital in the AM and hang out during the
surgery to make sure Debbie and he are OK, but god willing, the worst is
over.

Be well, and keep the positive waves flowing

hankie

P.S. The neurologist gave him a memory test, he had to remember three
words: Ocean, Dog, and Liberty for 5 minutes, and he was only able to
get 2 of the three. We need to come up with some sort of gag with the
three words... Someone much more clever then I feel free to jump in
here...