Re: GSA auction site response

From: Marty Galyean (marty@heavyreckoning.com)
Date: Tue Jan 31 2006 - 19:09:06 PST

GotaM35 wrote:

> GSA is working good for me. If you haven't dealt with them much I
> would caution you to be careful bidding on stuff you haven't seen.
> Some of it is in real ruff shape. I have seen a 5 ton truck here in
> Columbia SC sell 2 time already for big money (more than you can get
> one from a dealer) and it hasn't let the yard yet.
>
> Check this guy out.
>
> http://www.easternsurplus.net/
>
> I have only talked with him a few times but they seem to have real
> good prices although it would be a little bit of a trip.

Thanks Joe, have it bookmarked now.

Those 5th wheel 5 tonners look ok, not a bad price either.

I didn't like the look of most of the GSA stuff, especially the "no form
97" and "hurricane Katrina" salvage type stuff. And all the disclaimers
on nearly every aspect of the vehicles didn't instill much confidence.
A lot of money pit fodder there.

Marty