truck/tractor buying advice needed

From: Jim Breneman (jimbre_7@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 02 2006 - 16:47:48 PST

Hello everyone,
Im planning on buying a DUKW (granted I ever find a
good one worth forking out the money). Im faced with a
logistical dilemma of how to transport the DUKW.
Considering I travel up to 50 miles some times for a
parade, which is not too big of a deal in the M35A2,
but I wouldn't want to drive a DUKW that far. Plus I
figure I'll get a lot more calls to be in parades with
a DUKW than I do for the M35. So given those factors
Im looking to get a tractor trailer combo either
before or shortly after purchasing the DUKW. I would
like to try and get a line-haul M915 type truck. They
seem a little more civilized and easier to deal with
than a M52/M818 would be. I can't seem to find any
M915s for sale, and almost all of the ones I see on GL
or GSA are residue/unserviceable. Would anyone be able
to give me any advice on where to find one? I would
also be interested in hearing opinions if I should
even bother trying to find one or just go with a
5-ton. I would really appreciate any suggestions and
advice anyone can give me.

J. Breneman
VFW 6401
1967 Kaiser/Jeep M35A2 W/Winch