oiling my M35 brakes

From: k, d, j, m, and a (thisoldhouse1@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Feb 04 2006 - 15:12:16 PST

hi.

A little while back I posted a message about air leaking off the
air-hydraulic cylinder of my deuce. I received a lot of good advice.
A quick and simple possible solution was to add pneumatic oil through
the plug on the back of the cylinder. I did this and it decreased the
air leaking off. But I noticed that the same brake pedal pressure didn't
have as much effect slowing the truck.

Yesterday, I bought new pneumatic oil (Marvel? brand) and put some in
through the plug. Took the truck for a drive and the brakes are much
better. For kicks, I drifted the truck down our asphalt driveway and with
decent pedal pressure could lock up all but the front drivers wheel.

So... from my experience, don't forget to drain air tanks regularly and add
oil through the air-pac plug to keep brakes up to (down to?) speed.

kurt
M35A2 w/w w/12 volt lights w/wooden hubs