Re: Kansas House bill 2805 regarding Historic Military vehicles

From: Robert Peterson (peteweld57@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 06 2006 - 10:36:09 PST

Thanks Steve,
I think I understand the point of this, however, I'm
not in favor of legislation that would prevent me from
driving my MV for pleasure trips. These vehicles are
not usually used as daily drivers. With the exception
of the later model Blazer, Suburban, and pickup
models, most are simply not practical as daily or long
trip transportation. As I read this bill, a "Sunday
drive" would not be legal.
How would this affect municipalities, such as Sabetha,
who use these trucks as city vehicles?
What modifications to the bill are being considered?
If the vehicle is not "exactly" as used by the
military, how does that affect it's status? These
aren't always restored to exactly military standards,
and are rebuilt more to "hot-rod" type configuration.
I do appreciate your reply, and your help, Steve.
Thanks again.
Bob