Re: history (and carping)

From: slamdunk49@webtv.net
Date: Wed Feb 08 2006 - 11:36:00 PST

The Slamdunker and Stu the same person??? I don't even know Stu, but I did
applaud his comments about on topic posts. Also, I didn't realize I was
"carping". Not sure what that is, but let me offer a bit of explanation.
For those of you that are relative newbies to the list, our moderator is a
fellow named Arthur Kyle who at one time moderated this list with an iron
fist. Those of us that have been around a while got pretty used to keeping
things strictly on topic....and I do mean strictly.

I love military vehicles. I can't read enough about military vehicles. I
am not having a specific problem with my military vehicles so there's no
need for me to start a new thread. You guys know how many posts we get
every day. I enjoy every one of them that is about military vehicles. I
read the list for enjoyment, education, and practical information regarding
military vehicles. Why do I have to read posts about history, CDL's, MVPA
politics, MVPA power wantabee'ers, etc., etc., ad nauseum?

Hit the delete key, you ask? Take a look at the last several day's posts
and see how many SUBJECTS actually match the body of the posting. (that
reminds me, since I'm replying now I've got to go delete the "history"
topic from the subject line on this post) You have to OPEN each post to
find out what the real subject is. Of course, that's another issue, but
deleting isn't the key. We need to not be so lazy and type in our real
subjects.

Again, I love this list when it's dealing with Military Vehicles. Someday,
just for a bit of education, check out the G503.com mailing list. It is
highly moderated, but provides venues for any subject you want to discuss.
So if I'm so unhappy, why not just go there for my fun? Because I LIKE
THIS LIST when it's on topic, like the creator meant for it to be.

You realize, of course, that I'm highly off topic by sending this post. Oh
well, I'm through CARPING and am ready to take all the CARP that comes my
way!!

The Slam man

http://mail2web.com/ .