Re: Paint Color

From: Terry & Carolyn Welshans (welshans2@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Feb 08 2006 - 16:13:51 PST

Gary said:

Is the 24087 and 34087 paints the same color except that the 24087 is
shinny.

Thanks
Gary

Gary, as you may or may not know, or perhaps care or don't care, the 24087
is shinier than the 34087, but the 14087 is the skinniest if all three are
compared. I suspect the numbering system may account for that. If it does,
then how much fade is allowed and how much dulling is allowed over time
before the paint of one number starts to resemble another? And more
importantly, does that color or reflectivity change by vendor and within
vendor shipment or lot numbers?

Additional tests using original surplus 5 gallon buckets of each will be
needed to fully make that determination.

This sounds like fun again. At least I think we did this one before, didn't
we?

Regards,

Terry Welshans
Homer Glen, Illinois

"Always do right- this will gratify some and astonish the rest. "
Mark Twain (1835-1910)