Controller Card

From: Ted Hintopoulos (hint@northnet.org)
Date: Thu Feb 09 2006 - 18:19:04 PST

>From: captw1 <captw1@yahoo.com>
>Subject: [MV] Controller Card..should I say?

>I notice that in cold weather the glow lamp will not light,

Your lamp maybe faulty, could be its socket or the printed
circuit its screwed into behind the speedometer assembly
back there. Yup, these can be temperature related.
Things expand and contract.
I know I do!

Regarding the card, the lamp indicator circuit is independent
of the solenoid actuator. In other words, the card may not activate
the lamp but the glow plugs cycle as they should.

You could have a temperature sensitive part on the card.
The lamp circuit consists of a transistor and part of one integrated circuit
that can cause this problem. There are other less likely parts as well.

>is there something else I should do?

When this happens again, Turn off the ignition,
pull the card, turn on the ignition, RUN position,
and ground the DARK BLUE wire spring contact.
This is the ground return to the Yellow Wait Lamp.
It should light.

If it doesn't, your problem is the lamp circuit
on up. Not the card.

If it does light, problem is loose card contacts or the card.

>I haven't done is take the contacts out of the card
>holder and clean and respring them.

Ted.