Re: MV Lense Cleaner

From: Ed (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Feb 09 2006 - 20:45:47 PST

For my lightbar and other plastic or plastic lenses the only thing that I
use is Plexus which is highly recommended by Federal Signal. It's made by
B.T.I. chemical Company out of Agoura California. It was made for aviation
use and has spread out to the emergency lighting people. It cleans and
polishes, good for both clear and colored plastics, Perspex, Lucite,
Plexiglas, Fiberglass, ABS, Mylar, Lexan, Acrylite, and does not leave oily,
tacky or sticky residue. It seals the pores of plastics and keeps the dirt
out. I know that I only have to use it every two or three months on my
lightbar which is red & clear and it keeps it looking GOOD! Even here in
the South, in the summer, with all the bugs, it stays clean! I have to
rinse or wipe the bugs but they come right off! This stuff really works!
It has worked for me for a VERY long time without hard rubbing or cleanup.

You can purchase it at Sporty's Pilot Shop on line. It comes as an aerosol
spray and is really easy to use.

Best Regards,

Ed

"Sirs, you have no reason to be ashamed of your Confederate dead; see
to it they have no reason to be ashamed of you"