OT - Slam Dunker gets flamed

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 10 2006 - 16:50:31 PST

I'd just like to address this to all of the carping, wining, bottom
feeders out there who want to constantly criticize this email list. You
know who you are. You are the guys who can't use a real name on this
list for some reason. I guess you feel you need to be protected - well
go get a hug if you need it. Most of the people on this list are known
by their real names. Get a clue.

Back when Arthur asked for contributions to keep this list going, I sent
in my check and only hoped that he would keep the server up. He came
through on his promise and he should be recognized for that.

Thank you Arthur!

This list is the way it is because of the people on it. And from what I
can see, I think anyone who has been on this list for a while would have
a hard time disputing that this has been a very successful list. Do a
search on the archives for just about anything MV you can think of...
The knowledge and perspectives expressed on this list is very
impressive. Arthur did the MV world a big favor by starting this list.

Telling people that they should go and visit another list to see how it
"should be done" --- come on! Get with the program.

The CDL questions that came up before (many of which I started) bordered
on extreme. I agree. But so is the BS surrounding the CDL and it's
use. In fact I still don't think I fully understand the laws surrounding
it.

Tell me where you can find a better discussion on the CDL and MVs on the
Internet?? Check the archives - it is all there.

I've learned a lot of things on this list and really appreciate
everyones contribution. But let's be real. If you just want to see
stuff strictly about MVs, pickup an MV book. If you want to chat with
people who have real lives, and live with MVs, and like history related
to MVs, then this is the right place.

So Slam Dunk, Slam man, Donut Dunker, Donut Hole, or whatever the hxx
your real name is, hit the delete key when you see this message and
please start a thread that actually contributes to this list instead of
criticizing it once again. You do this list a disservice by carrying on
the way you do. If I were you, I'd do a "presto chango" and drop your
alias so you can become a sincere contributing member of this mail list.

Dave Cole <- my real name - was DavidCole@tk7.net