1028 possible SCAM

From: Julian Burke (julian@knology.net)
Date: Sat Feb 11 2006 - 17:19:23 PST

     What is interesting to me is the Ebay ad 4609368691 that ended at over
$16K. A bidder (handle "squweeter") took it from $5500 (reasonable) to the
$16K outrageous number. I emailed "squweeter" with an offer for a nice
truck for far less money and to no surprise, he didn't answer my email.
There are many scams going on and I believe this one was to create his own
market.

     It's bad enough to try to afford our vehicles and it's getting harder
to obtain anything out of "Gov't Liquidators" which I also believe isn't
shooting straight with us AND the Gov't. It doesn't seem to matter what we
bid and someone always shoots us out for only a dollar and we can't seem to
find out where it went to try to rebuy a single item out of a lot that we
may need to complete a project. I believe "squweeter" is a shill on this
auction. I wish there were still DRMO's with regular auctions like there
used to be and turn the surplus back over to the taxpayers who paid for it
in the first place!! Julian Burke