Re: Soothing HMV angst

From: Carl & Kathy Cundy (mistymtn@gwtc.net)
Date: Tue Feb 14 2006 - 06:25:14 PST

Hello -- Local "public service" using privately owned MV's would
certainly draw favorable press. In Rapid City ,SD there is a
4x4 club that hauled in construction materials for some kind
of hiking trail (?) a few years back, @ their own expence.

Local "clean-up" days -- firewood for the elderly & less fortunate
(for those of us in snow country)-- govt. "commodaties" hauled
from warehouses to local distribution centers (my wife has made
a few runs w/ our 3/4 ton 4x4 (over a ton each time). Salvation
Army collection & delivery ? Search & rescue ? I see no limit.

Sarge's mission to help his friend after Katrina is the best
example I can think of how we Americans can come together
in time of crisis. This same spirit can be used to help prepare for
each community's future problems, rather than after-the-fact.

We also should have the right to provide for our own safety
when mother nature tries to "shake us off the planet".

>From a FEMA flood ins. promotion (Pre-Katrina)
"Flooding is not covered by your homeowners insurance
policy. And...the federal govt. is unlikely to provide help
in most cases of flooding"
 ---- Signed: Michael D. Brown
(Under Secretary, Emergency Preparedness and Response)

Just a thought -- CR Cundy (IBROI "Innocent By Reason Of Insanity")