Re: France MV Ban - NEWS VIDEO

From: Convoy Magazine (convoymagazine@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 14 2006 - 11:44:30 PST

In the absence of facts, rumour will fill the gap..
I disagree, I think the MVPA officials should be given
updates and info on this messageboard..

Meanwhile if you can understand French.. go to this
TFI online newscast of 8 February

click on the little photo in the list at left that
shows a army truck..this cuts directly to that story..
probably best if you have high speed internet.

If you dont speak french. some relevant lines..

Intro- from now on army vehicles will be considered as
"weapons" class-2 requiring a permit, without it, they
must be destroyed"

"the difference between these military antiques and
regular civilian car antiques is the history.."

--from now on you need a permit just to own one, not
even to drive it!..maybe it's ok for a musuem, but for
individual to get the permit, it's very difficult

http://videos.tf1.fr/video/archivesJT/0,,jt13d08022006-31924-721469-202-201-1--,00.html

cheers
Monty
Convoy- Canada's HMV magazine