Re: Soothing HMV angst

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 15:03:13 PST

I does not matter a damn. In Massachusetts they've had a similar law for twenty
years +/-. The politicians just juggle the money around.

For example, an oft used ploy is the 'debt exclusion'. If the pols want to build
something, they exclude the capital expense and interest from the budget, which
is capped. The taxes STILL go up.

Or they add new 'fees' or cut services or start to charge for them (leaf
pickup, garbage collection, ... you name it)

Or they juggle money, like putting road maintenance onto the water bill....
they HAD to repave the road after installing that water pipe after all.....

There is just no end to it. It's the modern version of Marie Antoinette... let
them eat cake. NOTHING is too good for the pols and bureaucrats. You'd think
their offices belonged to a Fortune 500 CEO.... on our dimes.

FWIW,
-John