News Flash!

From: timothy.smith1@att.net
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 00:55:02 PST

Enjoy,
TJ

NEWS FLASH!

France's law-making body, "Les Follies", today formally admitted their proposal to ban private ownership of all historic former military vehicles was based on an idea they borrowed from a film produced in the United States in the late 1960's. Well known for its violent and bloody story line, the American film was viewed in a private showing to Les Follies, who were preparing to reaffirm the legal foundations supporting the traditional French means of avoiding violence which is by means of immediate formal capitulation or by formally capitulating on a regular basis to no one in particular.

The film, TRUE GRIT (1969), was written by Margeurite Roberts, a blacklisted writer of that era. Beloved American tough-guy actor, John Wayne, plays the main character, Marshall Rooster J. Cogburn, a hard-as-nails dispenser of frontier justice, out to catch a cold-blooded killer. The killer, Lucky Ned Pepper (Robert Duval) has taken refuge in the territory Cogburn serves. On his journey, Cogburn finds himself accompanied by a young woman, Mattie Ross (Kim Darby) and handsome Texas Marshall La Boeuf (Glen Campbell). Each character pursues the killer for his/her own reasons.

In a key scene where Mattie Ross looks on as the lawmen engage in a wild shoot-out with Lucky Ned Pepper and his gang of desperados, Marshall LaBoeuf shoots a horse from beneath Pepper, killing it. In a later scene, Marshall Cogburn introduces La Boeuf as "The great horse-shooter from Texas." Cogburn continues the introduction with, "He believes in putting everyone afoot...says there'll be less mischief that way.."

Senior members of Les Follies stated (with an outrageous French accent), "It waas quiet zee revelation for us. Unteel zen, all we cood doo waas to con-seeder how to queekly giff zee tradeetional Frrrench capitulation. Zee charachter La Boeuf ees wreeten by zee woomaan Margeurite! Both goo-ood French names, no? Zees makes zem connected in zee special way. It was at zees mo-ment we knew ex-zactly what was re-quir-ed to keep our glorious France safe for zee men, zee women and zee cheel-dren. We maast poot ef-verywon on foo-oot to make less zee miss-cheef! Zees weel esure our saf-ety. Vive la FRANCE!"

It remains to be seen what effect this law, if enforced, will have on French national security.