6.2 M1009 CUCV fuel cap.

From: chris case (chriscase@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 09:26:54 PST

That's exactly what I did on my Ford. Two cabinet door locks from the wood
working store. I had to file a "D" shaped hole in each door- start with a
hole saw or a sheet metal punch to nibble it, then file. The locks come
with a couple 'latch' choices. I think mine cost $1.79 each.

<" Well you and Bruce are 100% correct! The fuel filler line in the
military
Blazer is HUGE compared to a civilian Diesel Blazer! I never knew that or
even thought of it. Man, I am certainly glad that I took the time to go out
and find my friend with a civi Diesel Suburban and check his filler cap and
line, WOW, it is ever small compared to mine!!

I did however come up with a fix that will help deter would be thieves. I
am getting one of the lock assemblies that will lock the filler door. It's
hard to explain but I have seen them before somewhere. It's a keyed lock,
the key moves a lever or bar that holds the fueling door shut from the
inside. I know that it can be pried open but it won't be that easy and I
think it will move the thief on to an easier target! When I get it done
I'll be glad to send pictures to anyone that wants one.

Best Regards,

Ed