Re: 6.2 M1009 CUCV fuel cap.

From: Marty Galyean (marty@heavyreckoning.com)
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 12:30:54 PST

Eric Scott wrote:

>I wonder how many would be crooks, would recognize
>diesel fuel over gasoline? I bet they would put it
>into there gas powered car. It would be a ironic form
>of justice.

Too true. Once in a while someone will make a comment along the lines
of "well that lock (alarm, fence, etc) isn't going to keep anyone out if
they want in". But that isn't the point. The point is to make it
harder than a lazy crook wants to bother with when there is easier prey
around.

I also like to think that when a crook enters property that is in ship
shape with all the appropriate things locked up, that they make the
connection that the owner has it together enough to be standing behind
them with a shotgun. I like the idea of the hairs on their back
standing on end. On the other hand, if a property is a mess, a crook
will likely think the owner is just as sloppy in their thinking, and
perhaps get braver in their intentions.

Marty