Re: 5 ton truck questions

From: GotaM35 (gotam35@joetrapp.com)
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 19:33:18 PST

Well here's the kicker. I have noticed on a lot of the trucks that have
come from GSA that parts of the data plates have been inscribed instead of
stamped. I mean inscribed with a little tool like you mark you tools with.
Very poor hand writing too. Is this what the military did or is this
something other government agencies did after they picked the stuff up from
the feds. On some of these tags even the capacities are hand written.
"Serial" numbers are hand written. Is this normal?

Joe Trapp

PS. My truck is definitely a regular wheel base truck. They sold a long
wheel base one a few years ago and it was very long.