Re: KEEP or LOSE our Old Iron

From: aussierob2 (aussierob2@odyssey.net)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2006 - 07:08:31 PST

Hello Frank Green Trucks. It's Rob here.
I have been lurking most of the last couple of
years on Mil-Veh and MVList
So no, you have not missed any posts.

As I have Jeeps ..the bigger trucks on these lists
have been more for just browsing.
I don't know any locals with the big green and my
experience with diesels is zero.

However, I do know John Tennis he is in our
MVPA chapter.
I also go to the swap meets at the Armory in NJ
and Aberdeen/Ripken on the east coast.

I usually wear my Aussie-Robb hat and I've
met quite a few of the guys from this list at those
meets
My main thrust is that with Kansas DMV banning
certain... or ALL MVs from their roads that this
could snowball... just like in France and Australia and
a few other countries ...where these privileges
have gone crazily haywire !
So my basic thoughts are to educate all of the State
and Fed. lawmakers before they start to cause us
problems by receiving wacko and false info. about
who we are... and what we do from the very people
who would love us all to just plain disappear !

However, I have had only 3 replies so far.
No real interest, so I will bow out like a fart in the wind.

I have decided to re register my MB war Jeep
to a 47 CJ2a
This should not be a problem. If and when the
wacko's here decide to ban all ex D of D I
will not be found crying in my beer !
Best e'gards
Aussie Rob at the
Sheep Dip Cafe' & Jeep Ewe'porium