Re: TRAILERS --

From: Sonny Heath (sonny@defuniak.com)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2006 - 19:18:21 PST

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the difference between the socket
where the rear light bulbs attach and the same socket in a common civilian
light. I believe the military ones have the seat so that the two pins on
the side of the bulb are in the same place on both sides of the bulb whereas
the civilian ones are offset.

I was able to special order some 24 volt bulbs with the prongs offset so
that I could use them in a 12 volt light socket.

I didn't ever think about using whatever bulbs I had, I somehow always
thought they would blow a fuse or trip a breaker.

I learn something on this list every day, Thanks!

Sonny