RE: M38A1 headaches

From: Jay Travis (dagobert@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2006 - 03:45:04 PST

I don't remember all the math to it offhand, but as I recall, the load (in
this case, the coil) needs to be matched to the ballast resistor, so if
nothing else, I'd ask the NAPA guy to take the part number off the coil,
check it's applications, and choose a ballast resistor that matches the
nearest application listed. That should be a good starting point. Maybe
someone else on the list can recall the exact formula to figure the proper
size of resistor to get it precise.
Jay

timothy.smith1@att.net>