Re: NOS M65 breech assembly or diagram needed

From: Jay Travis (dagobert@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2006 - 14:51:57 PST

Doug,
Are you sure of that? The outside difference would be the folding fins
that pop out after launch, but the explosive itself would be some form of a
shaped charge with a cone cover, to penetrate armor with a plasma center
when it hits. I would think a regular grenage, rifle or otherwise, would
just make a loud noise and a dent in the side of anything armor. (Although
granted, the LAWS system is supposedly ineffective against modern armor and
wouldn't do much good unless you were being attacked by something like a
T-34) Now, I could well be wrong, and if so, please enlighten me, but
that's what I thought was the case with them.