Re: Mutt Batteries 2hn note 2HN

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2006 - 17:48:51 PST

Facts of life:

Alternators have silicone diodes to change the AC they make into
pulsating DC that the battery can live with and smooths out.

Diodes have some reverse leakage current. Pick up any good
electronic component book and you will find the reverse
leakage current listed

Steve AKA Dr Deuce (and electronic engineer)

PS: RAM, see you Sunday at Lowell