Re: Mutt Batteries 6TL

From: Arthur Bloom (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2006 - 19:38:53 PST

The symptoms will include:

Batteries going flat overnight or over some time period,
flickering lights when running,

headache, fever, bleeding from the gums, sinus infection, fallen arches,
incontinence, sexual disfunction, ...oh sorry...been watching too much
late-night TV...where was I ?...

You can prove / disprove the alternator problem by removing the large + lead
that runs from the alternator to the battery, and doing either of these:

(1) put an ammeter in series, to see how much, if any, current is leaking,
or
(2) watch carefully for a spark when you put it back on, or
(3) leave it off and see if the battery is flat after a similar length of
time.

apb