Re: NOS M65 breech assembly or diagram needed

From: Patrick Jankowiak (recycler@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2006 - 18:26:47 PST

Just to be clear, I have no intention whatsoever of firing a model rocket
from the thing. It's on my list of "forbidden stupid activities".

I'm not saying it would not be fun to do so and maybe even put some orange
tempera paint powder in the nose cone to mark the impact point on the
target. (The 37mm.com web site have some interesting DIY stuff for the
flare launchers)

One thing that comes to mind, since this is hypothetical.. is that since a
model rocket body is thin, and it only has one set of fins at the rear, it
will lay in the big tube crooked (nose down). Will it not therefore come
out at an angle?

I do appreciate very much the knowledge on how to modify a model rocket
engine for ABOL however. Could save my life some day. I will speak to my
friend at work who is into model rockets and I bet he will be interested in
this subject. He makes his own from scratch, using paper mache' and lacquer.

Thank you!

Patrick