Re: CUCV - Need Trans Vacuum Valve

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2006 - 16:37:52 PST

You can buy a VRV (vacuum Regulator Valve) at any
Chevy or GMC dealer. Got mine here in Derry, NH

for $70. Replaced the old one and adjusted same
and works fine. Adjusted mine the old fashioned
way...no adjuster block? Adjust it and go for a
test ride. Third time was the charm.

   Last but least.

   Crawl under truck and locate modulator valve
on passenger side of tranny and replace short (2
inch) piece of rubber vacuum line that connects
steel vacuum line from VRV to modulator. Mine was
in place but soaked with tranny fluid and would
not hold a vauum at all. replaced with new twi
inch piece of rubber and tranny worked fine
after.

James Shanks
1985 M-1009
1998 IMZ 8.103