CUCV's GMC Parts Book

From: Chance Wolf (bigbadwolf@telus.net)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2006 - 17:52:27 PST

I don't know how many have ever seen one, but GM put out a parts book
specifically for the CUCVs which actually has a pic of an M1008 on the front
cover and the title "1984-1987 CUCV". It's all strictly manufacturer/dealer
oriented and doesn't contain a single NSN, but what it *does* have is all
the GM part numbers for all the peculiar stuff the CUCVs had vs. their
civilian equivalents, and lots of nice exploded diagrams showing all the
bits and pieces as with most of the other GM parts books on civvy-side.

I've only got the single copy, unfortunately, but am thinking of getting
high quality reprints made if there's any interest among the other CUCV
owners out there. We have a fleet of them at work here and this book has
saved my ass-ets a fair number of times when the counter person starts
saying things like, "well, it's an 86, so it *should* have...<etc., etc.>"

If enough people put their hands up I'll see if it's cost-effective to do a
small run.