Re: ARRRRGH!

From: Michael S. Nichols (m.s.nichols@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2006 - 16:11:10 PST

Hello from Atlanta, GA 30306.

I note in the sellers ad that 1. The scrap value of the truck hulks is
known and 2. The winches are not included in the sale of the hulks. He
might have visited EBay and started pricing things at auction and in the
EBay stores...... Of course in a different scenario he might not know
anything about what he has, until he receives a visit from a "collector"
(aka EBay dealer, or MV club member who has a bona fide business and a show
table every MV show ) who graciously offers him $50. for the right to pick
off any parts including those nasty winches before the scrap truck hauls
the hulks to the recycler. It is a pretty funny story until it happens to
someone you know (no, it did not happen to me, thank goodness). Has anyone
listened to the brag fest at MV shows, gun shows, antique shows of the "boy,
did I get a steal on this from that ignorant old seller!" Just my two
cents.

Regards,

Mike Nichols
Ga. MVPA