RE: update from the CUCV 6.2 diesel that was smoking

From: Glenn Shaw (milspectruck@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2006 - 08:07:13 PST

The injectors for the 6.2 and 6.5 have different GM part numbers and flow
rates. The DB2 pump is the same basic unit and will work on either BUT it
has to be calibrated for the right fuel flow which is different for each
engine. You can set it up for either 6.2 or 6.5 but you have to know what
you are doing as the adjustments are critical and will produce low power or
high exhaust gas temps and burned valves, pistons among other issues. As
Jeff says it is best to stay with parts that are know to be from the right
engine unless you are capable to adjusting the pump etc.

Glenn