Re: mortar men (sorta off topic)

From: Bruce Kalin (convoy@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2006 - 19:48:19 PST

Jim,
We used to throw these into the campfire to really heat up our C rations
:-) Not exactly according to rules but, they sure got the fire going.

My squad had an 81 mm mortar. Same principle as the 60. The squad leader
had the chart and the sight. Everyone else was a lumper. One got the
tube, two got the base plate, and the rest carried the round.
Bruce

--
Bruce Kalin
East Coast Convoy Coordinator