Re: Charge a battery? Plant a tree

From: Marty Galyean (marty@heavyreckoning.com)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2006 - 09:05:13 PST

Wayne Harris wrote:

>A small .pdf file (5 pages) Wayne
>
>http://www.magcap.com/pdf/press_release.pdf

Uh, 12V at 1 amp powering "just about anything"? I think not. Maybe
the car stereo if the volume is keep moderate and "no bass thumper" is
involved.

That would perhaps charge a single internal combustion engine vehicle
battery over night, but would fall woefully short of the amounts of
power required to charge a fully electric or hybrid vehicle's battery
bank for a day of shuttling 2000+ lbs around at 50mph for a day.

And I have to wonder what kind of tree chemistry changes would occur
should that potential be tapped rather than it discharging through the
tree over time. It is an intriguing idea, with perhaps some potential
in the camping industry, but the idea of "powering everything" seems a
bit whacked.

The idea stinks of "The Matrix". Hee hee.

Marty