Re: Not your father's,....... HUEY!

From: Dick (rertman@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2006 - 07:22:23 PST

Thanks, Joe:

Up close, it's a VERY impressive piece of work. I had a chance to get up
close and
personal with one of them at the Naval Air Warfare Center at Patuxent River,
MD,
during my last trip there. This was courtesy of a USMC friend who was at
PAX
ding some of the EVAL work on the machine. Among its features is a network
of sensors that report its health to the maintainers. They also had a USMC
AH-1Z
Cobra there. I sure would like to have one of each to commute with. <G>

I had to keep sticking my head out of the door to keep from drooling with
envy
over these machines.

Dick