M1009 spares and tools

From: Sean Nichols (armytrucks@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2006 - 09:57:54 PST

Greetings List,

As an M1009 seems to have followed me home recently, I was wondering
if you CUCV experts out there might be able to suggest some
appropriate spares I might start stocking up on to keep my new toy up
and running. (In addition to a new fuel pressure switch of course...
right Stu?)

Also, aside from the niceties of the swollen glow plug removal tool,
or a glow plug socket, are there any other specialized tools worth
considering that make life easier (besides a good basic mech tool kit
and shop stuff, volt meter, and the 4wd hub socket)?

I have collected most of Julian's fine articles and advice on the care
and feeding of the CUCV so I think with all that info and a list of
spares to start looking for (once my bank account fills back up again)
I should be in good shape.

Thanks in advance!

--
Sean Nichols
MVCC

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein