Re: Unimog insurance problems (Maine)

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2006 - 00:38:00 PST

It sounds like your getting the usual runaround
from office workers who just spout off at the
mouth.

 You can legally register any motor vehicle with
a passenger car plate no matter what size it is.
Think now...ever see any pickup trucks with
passenger plates instead of a commercial tag? OK
Now hold that thought in your mind.......Now
visualize The International CXT pickup truck. Go
here to see it.

http://www.internationaldelivers.com/site_layout/xtfamily/cxt.asp

A CDL is only required if you are going to
operate the vehicle commercially....your not
going to haul other peoples cargo? Your not going
to use the vehicle for a business? A CDL and
commercial plates are not required and THAT IS IN
THE CDL MANUAL which you can get the hard way via
the internet here. As long as your gross vehicle
weight does not exceed 26,001 pounds you are not
required to have a CDL.

http://www.maine.gov/sos/bmv/licenses/index.html

Right click on the Commercial Driving Exam Manual
and then click on save as then specify where you
want to save the file and click save and your off
and running. It will take a little over 15
minutes with a dialup connection.

Kindly let us know how your making out.

James Shanks
1985 M-1009