Re: Radio top for M151 series?

From: International Movie Services (ims@telus.net)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2006 - 10:32:36 PDT

The M515A2 Canadian had a rollcage which was also the top bow assembly,
unlike the US ROPS kit which fit under the existing bows and top.
On the rear rollbar were two antenna mounting plates welded at the top right
and left upper corners. When the vinyl top was installed, it had matching
holes for the four bolts and the antenna lead cut through the material. Then
the ATU mount was bolted on the outside.
Needless to say, on one of our 151s with two ATUs because you had to unbolt
everything and then reinstall it the tops were seldom, if ever, removed.
An original M151A2 CDN with the rollcage is now a rare beast indeed, as most
were cut up to make Toyotas!
Cheers!
Ian