Georgia Senate Bill 27 - Tags on HMVs Passed!

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2006 - 11:38:14 PDT

        Senate Bill 27 has passed the Georgia House and Senate. It is
now before the Governor. He has until sometime in May to sign or veto
the bill. I don't know if he is going to sign it or not.

        What does this bill mean? It means that you'll be able to
legally take the tag off your Military Vehicle, stow it in the glove
box, in a bag or somewhere out of sight and legally drive with no tag
displayed. Origninally we wanted to register the numbers of the
vehicle, however the Department of Transportation was opposed to this
because they'd have to spend a bunch of money changing the database
they register vehicles with. So we found a nice middle ground
compromise.

        The Bill passed unopposed through the house and Senate, but
I'm worried the DOT will play some trick in the Governor's office so
we need some nice polite requests for the Governor to sign the bill.

        The Governor's Office Phone is 404-656-1776. Ask them to ask
the governor to please sign Senate Bill 27, The Historic Military
Vehicle Tag bill.

        If you have any questions about this, please let me know.
Call me on my cel (404-545-6205) if you like.

        One more thing, in order to garner some extra support, if we
could have a showing of vehicles for a quick signing ceremony, I'm
sure that'd help the Senator that pushed the bill through AND will
show the DOT that the other bills I'm working on have some support.
Can anyone interested in showing up at the State Capitol let me know?
I'll try to figure out if we can get a signing ceremony.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -