Re: removing duals as a set

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2006 - 14:42:26 PDT

For those who have never pulled the rears off their truck without the
benefit of an enclosed garage or a level concrete floor and wheel lifts, it
is a fun job that can result in that 'up to your ass in alligators when all
you were trying to do was drain the swamp' feeling.
    A photo of that 'fun' job that I had several years back is at the
following link

    The crowned driveway and the roller/scooter seat required bungee cords
to keep from rolling away from the truck. I used a 'D' handled shovel and a
4x4 for positioning the wheels on and off which allowed you to step on the
handle with your foot while you guided the wheels on and off and kept a milk
crate at hand to pre-stage/rest the Hub/drum assembly on to keep from having
to lift them off the ground as a dead lift up to the hub. An interesting and
not a real pleasant job.
    And Soldier "B" was never around, and he neighbors weren't real happy
about it taking place outside their living room window.
    Ronzo