Re: Jeep Antenna??

From: Chance Wolf (bigbadwolf@telus.net)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2006 - 20:18:42 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed" <
mojoedd@bellsouth.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2006 7:27 PM
Subject: [MV] Jeep Antenna??

> Could someone steer me in the correct direction for mounting a "sugar
scoop"
> antenna mount and antenna on an M-38 Jeep? Normally on the right side
> wasn't it? We are trying to get one together for our upcoming Veterans
> Appreciation Day and I'd really like to get it right the first time! It's
> static display without an engine or tranny but we have a demilled RT-524
> with a very good mount along with the Sugar scoop mount and a fairly nice
> antenna setup to go with it. Thanks in advance for your assistance!

The M38 and the RT-524 would never have crossed paths in service, would
they? Different generations. M38's would've been long gone by the time the
RT-524 was deployed in anything like large numbers in U.S. service.
Depending on when and where it would've been used, I would think something
like the RT-68 and friends or even an AN/GRC-9 type thing would be what you
would've had in service. I think the M38 and M38A1 both use the MP-50 mount
with the AB-15 antenna base and a bunch of copper whip (AB-21-22-23-24 or
the MS-116-177-118 sections.) www.fairradio.com has the AB-15 and the
copper whip, and
http://www.sphynx.com/mitymite/bemakm38.html has BEMAK
repro MP-50s and the corner bracket.